Blessings to you, the readers of this page, in Jesus Christ our Lord. May He guide you and protect you always.
Keywords: your starting place for automobile repair auto repair for people who want to know maore about their cars symptoms verificatin repair testing
Rev. Bill McGinnis is an
ASE Certified Automobile Technician and Night
a Foreman of a taxicab repair shop in Northern Virginia (retired).
- Detailed Information Online For Your Particular
including step-by-step directions for solving each Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
You cannot get the OBD II codes without using a code reader or a scan tool (scanner)!
In your car, when the CHECK ENGINE light comes on, what does it mean? Click HERE! to find out.
Welcome to Fix-A-Car, "Your starting place for auto repair." From here, you should be able to obtain everything you need to fix any problem on your car. (We hope!)
1. REPORT OF SYMPTOMS - Somebody notices that "something seems to be wrong with the car." This is usually called "the driver compaint," or "the customer complaint." Many times, the driver never notices a particular problem, but the Automobile Technician notices it during the course of maintenance or some kind of inspection, in which case it might be called "other problem noticed." To elicit complaints from the customer, you might ask the question, "What does the car seem to be doing wrong." Typically, you will get answers like, "It sometimes makes a funny noise, " or "The brakes aren't working right," or "It makes a clunking noise when I turn left," or "There is a funny smell." In most cases, the regular driver of the car knows very well how the car normally runs, and he can accurately notice when something seems to be different from normal, or wrong. But his advice about what to do is usually worthless and distracting. They make up things and shoot in the dark, so don't let them tell you about what you need to do to fix it, but do pay very close attention to what they say the car seems to be doing wrong. By asking what the car "seems to be doing wrong," you keep the driver focused on the symptoms, which he is qualified to report, not the causes, which he is not qualified to report.
2. VERIFICATION OF COMPLAINT - The technician verifies the complaint. Don't ever skip this step. Here's what can happen. The driver says, "Something is wrong with the brakes. It makes a big clunk when I stop." The technician inspects the brakes, and they are fine. But the real problem is a bad upper ball joint which clunks when the brakes are applied. So the problem is not brakes, like the driver thought, but something which happens when the brakes are applied. Two different things. VERIFY THE COMPLAINT!
3. DIAGNOSIS - Diagnose the problem. The symptoms of the problem have been noticed and verified, so now we need find the cause of the problem. This is the field of Automobile Diagnostics. At our web page, AutomobileDiagnostics.net, we explain how symptoms are the results of "Abnormal Events," caused by "Abnormal States" within the systems of the car car. The task of Automobile Diagnostics is to identify the abnormal states, so they can then be restored to normal. Any problem in the car is actually an abnormal state within the car; and the purpose of all automobile repair is to correct abnormal states and restore the car to its normal state of operation. You can get more information about Diagnosis from the Factory Manual, the Chilton Total Car Care Manual and the ALLDATA "Do-It-Yourself" online service. You can find information about automobile diagnostic tools at our website, Tools4Cars.com
4. DOING THE REPAIRS - Do whatever it takes to eliminate the Abnormal States which were causing the symptoms. You can get more information about performing the repairs from the Factory Manual, the Chilton Total Car Care Manual and the ALLDATA DIYonline service. You can find information about automobile repair tools at our website, Tools4Cars.com. It is usually a good idea to correct all abnormal states you may find in the car, even if they don't appear to be related to the problem at hand. If a wire is loose, tighten it; if something is very dirty, clean it off; if something is leaking, fix the leak. It frequently happens that problems simply go away, without ever really being diagnosed, if you fix everything in sight that seems to be abnormal! Then, after everything is working okay, you realize the connection between what you did and the problem which went away!
5. VERIFYING THE REPAIRS - Make sure that the repairs you have done have solved the problem and eliminated the symptoms.
O Lord, please bless the readers of this page, and give them whatever help and guidance and support they need to accomplish their auto repairs in a safe and efficient manner. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Rev. Bill McGinnnis, LoveAllPeople.org
(For Complete Information About Your Particular Car, Please Click HERE!
Automotive Service Advisor - For everyone who owns a car.
Fix-A-Car - For people who want to know more about their cars.
Automotive Tools And Equipment - Excellent list for the well-equipped shop.
Automotive Books And Magazines - Books and magazines about cars.
Automotive Art Gallery -
Free Automobile Bill Of Sale -
Scan Tools And Code Readers - "When the check-engine light comes on, what does it mean?"
Automotive Glossary - Glossary of automotive terms.
A General Strategy For Maintaining Your Car -
Automotive Diagnostic Trouble Code Definitions - See what the codes mean.
Automobile Diagnostics - The big picture of Automobile Diagnostics.
Ford Crown Victoria Diagnosis - By e-mail, free of charge. (Crown Vic only)
Selected Automotive Products And Services
Equus CanOBD2 Code Reader
The Formal Logic Of Automobile Diagnostics -
Automotive Tests - Do-it-yourself tests for your car.
AUTO FACTORY MANUALS - Most authoritative, detailed, complete information - where to get it.
AUTO FLEET REPAIR
Auto Safety Advisor - Practical advice for safer driving and accident reduction.
Tools4Cars - A Website devoted to automotive tools.
Automobile Technician - For the professional automobile technician.
U. S. Government Database: Automotive Recalls And Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) -
May the Lord bless this presentation.
Rev. Bill McGinnis <>< email@example.com
See more pages like this, at our Index of Pearls Of Faith, a treasury of Biblical truths.
Please also see our related pages . . .
ETHICS & HUMAN RELATIONS
POLITICS & PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Blessings to you. May God help us all.
Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org
If you are looking for a spiritual home, please visit our website at => Internet Church Of Christ
*** Bible-Based, Christian, Progressive, Universalist ***
All of our original content on all of our web pages is in the Public Domain. You may link to these pages by any means you choose, including "framing."
Index of Internet Church Of Christ - LoveAllPeople.org: - ETHICS & HUMAN RELATIONS - POLITICS & PUBLIC AFFAIRS - CHRISTIAN - AUTOMOTIVE - LAW & LEGAL SERVICES - HEALTH & FITNESS - PUBLISHING & CONSULTING - AFFILIATES & FEATURED PRODUCTS - SITE MAP - CONTACT LINK
Search all pages in The LoveAllPeople.org Network,See what we do => On The Web
using the search box below . . .
For list of suggested searches, click => HERE!
To support us, please visit the advertisers appearing on our pages.
God's One Law For All Mankind: "Love All People As Yourself."