Blessings to you, the readers of this page, in Jesus Christ our Lord. May He guide you and protect you always.
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."
(Matthew 5:9 KJV)
Here is the outline of a sad but realistic plan for long-term peace in the middle east between Israel and all of its enemy neighbors.
This plan recognizes the following unfortunate realities, which must be recognized and accepted before any lasting progress can be made:
First, that the United States will always stand behind Israel, no matter how brutal or insane Israeli policy may be. This is a fact of life in the United States, under the overwhelming influence of the Israel lobby. There is no meaningful opposition to Israel within the United States. It has all been neutralized.
Second, because of the first reality shown above, Israel will never be defeated and will never go away. Arabs, Muslims, anti-Israel forces everywhere: face it! Israel will never be defeated and will never go away. Live with it. It's a fact of life. Muslims may be consoled with the thought that Allah gives whatever He wants to whomever He chooses. If He gives powerful friends to Israel, Muslims should not oppose the will of Allah, no matter how distatsteful it may be.
Third, Israel will always hate the Muslims, and the Muslims will always hate Israel. Why? Who knows. It defies reason. But it is a fundamental reality that we must recognize. Perhaps it is a genetic defect inherited from Abraham, the father of them both.
Fourth, the nations of the world cannot sit back and allow this irrational and perpetual blood feud between Israel and its enemy neighbors to destroy the world. The adults of the world must control the delinquent children, to keep them from setting fire to the house.
Fifth, because of its strong backing from the United States, Israel alone must be allowed to set the conditions of peace. Why? Because if Israel does not set the conditions, it will never follow them. And if Israel can break the peace whenever it chooses - as it has always done - then there will be no meaningful peace. Therefore, Israel alone must be allowed to set the conditions, no matter how unfair or unjust this may be. It is the price we need to pay.
Here are the conditions I propose for Israel to set and for the world to accept. To me, this seems to be the only rational way to solve the problems permanently, given the unfortunate realities listed above.
A RESOLUTION TO ESTABLISH FORTRESS ISRAEL
WHEREAS Israel and its neighbors appear to be enemies forever, and
WHEREAS the perpetual conflict between Israel and it's neighbors poses grave danger to the entire world, as witnessed by: 1) the disastrous war in Iraq, started by the United States, in part to protect Israel from its "evil neighbor," Iraq, and 2) the recent bombardment and invasion of Lebanon, on the pretext of freeing two captured Israeli soldiers, and
WHEREAS Israel has a legitimate right to exist, whether its neighbors think so or not, and
WHEREAS Israel will never disappear or go away, as its neighbors desire, and
WHEREAS it is in the long-term interest of the entire world that hostilities cease forever between Israel and its enemy neighbors,
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT "FORTRESS ISRAEL" BE IMMEDIATELY ESTABLISHED, ALONG THE FOLLOWING LINES:
1. One border is drawn, defining the boundaries of the state of Israel, "Fortress Israel." All territory within this border belongs to the state of Israel. No territory beyond this border belongs to the state of Israel. This border defines and encircles encircles the state of Israel. The border is drawn by the existing government of Israel, in consultation with nobody.
2. The government of Israel will determine which persons are entitled to live within or visit within the borders of Israel, and it will issue appropriate "Israeli Identity Cards" as needed.
3. A "Security Buffer" or "no-man's land" will be established by Israel, extending five miles beyond the border of Israel. Anything found within the Security Buffer, or above it in the air, or below it in the ground or water, will be subject to immediate destruction by Israel, by whatever means it chooses (except as provided for by Corridors Of Passage, described below.)
4. "Corridors Of Passage" will be created by Israel to allow for air and ground transportation to and from Israel, through the Security Buffer. These Corridors Of Passage will be monitored and controlled by Israel alone.
5. A schedule will be set, by Israel alone, determining the time by which persons without Israeli Identity Cards must move out of Israel. Persons moving out of Israel voluntarily will be paid a reasonable amount of money to cover their move, to the destination of their choice. Persons not moving out of Israel voluntarily by the established times will be evicted from Israel, and transported at Israel's expense to designated "Eviction Areas," beyond the border of Israel and beyond the Security Buffer.
6. All persons moving out of Israel, either voluntarily or by eviction, will be permitted to bring their personal property, household belongings, automobiles, etc., with them to their destination, at Israeli expense. All real estate owned by these persons will, upon their moving out of Israel, immediately become the property of the state of Israel. A fair price will be paid by Israel for such real estate, based on a percentage of the property's previously assessed value.
7. All persons moving out of Israel, either voluntarily or by eviction, will be paid reparations by Israel in the amount of $25,000 U.S for each adult, and $10,000 U.S. for each child. The United States will re-imburse Israel for these expenses, as it does with many other expenses.
8. Any future attack on Israel whatsoever, by any means whatsoever, will be met with overwhelming force by Israel, including weapons of mass destruction, as appropriate, determined by Israel alone. In other words, Israel must be left alone, unattacked by anyone. Thus Israel's enemies will be deterred from attacking.
9. Once the border is established, Israel will never attempt to expand beyond it. It shall remain fixed forever. If Israel ever attempts to expand beyond the border, the United States will immediately withdraw all military and economic support to Israel, and will defend the affected territory by military force against Israeli incursion. Thus Israel will be deterred from expanding.
Blessings to you. May God help us all. Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.LoveAllPeople.orgNOTE: I will maintain a web page on the subject of Fortress Israel at http://www.loveallpeople.org/fortressisrael.html
Blessings to you. May God help us all.
Rev. Bill McGinnis, Director - LoveAllPeople.org
If you are looking for a spiritual home, please visit our website at => Internet Church Of Christ
*** Bible-Based, Christian, Progressive, Universalist ***
All of our original content on all of our web pages is in the Public Domain. You may link to these pages by any means you choose, including "framing."
Index of Internet Church Of Christ - LoveAllPeople.org: - ETHICS & HUMAN RELATIONS - POLITICS & PUBLIC AFFAIRS - CHRISTIAN - AUTOMOTIVE - LAW & LEGAL SERVICES - HEALTH & FITNESS - PUBLISHING & CONSULTING - AFFILIATES & FEATURED PRODUCTS - SITE MAP - CONTACT LINK
Search all pages in The LoveAllPeople.org Network,See what we do => On The Web
using the search box below . . .
For list of suggested searches, click => HERE!
To support us, please visit the advertisers appearing on our pages.
God's One Law For All Mankind: "Love All People As Yourself."